A huge cleansing of Turkey’s state and other institutions is continuing as people from all walks of life find themselves being hunted down and taken into custody over their alleged or real links to the Gülen movement, which the government accuses of masterminding the July 15 coup attempt.
- Purge-victim nurse reinstated to job years after her death
- 73-year-old purge-victim man dies in Ünye prison
- 8-month-old baby enters Edirne prison with incarcerated parents
- Exiled Turkish journalist targeted by pro-Erdoğan daily
- Kurdish man freed after 30 years in prison
- 80-year-old Kurdish woman set free after 4 months in prison
- Purge-vicitm police officer who committed suicide laid to rest
- Purge-victim police commissioner dies of heart attack
- Syrian woman sent to prison with 2-month-old baby over “terror” charges
- 2 years ago today: Purge-victim police chief found dead in a quarantine cell in Turkish prison
Turkey Purge monitors unlawful crackdown of Turkish government in the aftermath of the failed coup, maps human rights abuses, hate crime and hate speech against political dissent in the country.