Çağdaş Kaplan, an editor with the independent news website Gazete Karınca, was given a jail sentence of 6 years and 3 months on terrorism charges on Friday, the Expression Interrupted portal reported.
- Purge-victim Turkish judge dies of cancer
- HDP deputy reports another suspicious death in Turkish prison
- Kurdish activist at risk of deportation to Turkey from Bosnia
- Imprisoned Kurdish man who has both hands amputated released from prison
- Imprisoned journalist on hunger strike in protest of detention without trial
- Opposition deputy says gov’t dismissed over 10,000 civil servants last week
- [BREAKING] Journalist Mehmet Gündem sent to prison
- Imprisoned lecturer dies of heart attack
- Turkish gov’t dismisses 4,000 more public servants in latest post-coup attempt purge
- Civil engineer arrested while waiting in line for an MRI scan at a state hospital: report
Turkey Purge monitors unlawful crackdown of Turkish government in the aftermath of the failed coup, maps human rights abuses, hate crime and hate speech against political dissent in the country.