The Manisa High Criminal Court has, one more time, ruled for continuation of the imprisonment of an 81-year-old Turkish man with walking and speaking difficulties, several Turkish media outlets reported.

According to information provided by family members, Mustafa Türk is confined with 28 others in a prison cell with a capacity for 14.

The man, named Mustafa Türk, was initialy detained by Turkish police on Sept. 1, 2016, over suspected links to the Gülen group, which the Turkish government accuses of masterminding a July 15 coup attempt. 

He was handcuffed and taken by police from his house in Turgutlu, Manisa province, handcuffed and driven to a police station for interrogation.  His relatives described it as “degrading and barbaric” treatment. Several days later, he was officially arrested and sent to a prison in Manisa.

Amid an ongoing witch-hunt targeting the Gülen group, Turkish Interior Minister Süleyman Soylu on Nov. 15 said 48,739 people had been jailed and eight holdings and 1,020 companies seized as part of operations into the group.

Speaking at a meeting of the Budget Commission in Parliament on Wednesday, Soylu also said 215,092 people had been listed as using a smart phone application known as ByLock and that 23,171 people have been detained over use of the application so far.

Turkish authorities believe that ByLock is a communication tool among Gülenists.

Turkey has suspended or dismissed more than 150,000 judges, teachers, police and civil servants since July 15 of last year through government decrees issued as part of a state of emergency.