Turkish police teams have detained Lt. Zabit Zengin, gendarmerie commander in the Maçka district of northeastern Trabzon province, as part of an İzmir-based investigation into the Gülen group, which is accused by Turkish authorities of masterminding a coup attempt last year.
- Purge-victim police officer dies after accident at a mining site in Gebze
- Turkish police accompanied by state-run TRT cameramen detain 30 in midnight house raids
- Purge-victim nurse reinstated to job years after her death
- 73-year-old purge-victim man dies in Ünye prison
- 8-month-old baby enters Edirne prison with incarcerated parents
- Exiled Turkish journalist targeted by pro-Erdoğan daily
- Kurdish man freed after 30 years in prison
- 80-year-old Kurdish woman set free after 4 months in prison
- Purge-vicitm police officer who committed suicide laid to rest
- Purge-victim police commissioner dies of heart attack
Turkey Purge monitors unlawful crackdown of Turkish government in the aftermath of the failed coup, maps human rights abuses, hate crime and hate speech against political dissent in the country.