The number of people who were investigated over their alleged ties to the Gulen movement has hit 402,000 in March, according to state-run Anadolu news agency.

Anadolu said Thursday that 402,000 people were investigated as part of investigation into the movement after the failed coup on July 15, 2016.

A year after the coup attempt, the number of those investigated reached 171,970, the news agency said adding that the corresponding figure has showed an accelerating pace since then to hit 402,000 now.

Turkish government accuses the Gulen movement of masterminding the July 15, 2016 failed coup while the latter denies involvement.

More than 150,000 people have lost their jobs, some 150,000 have passed through police custody and 60,000 were put in pretrial detention as part of post-coup crackdown against alleged Gulenists.

Related News