The Ankara Chief Public Prosecutor’s offices on Monday issued detention warrants for 25 air force officers of varying ranks as part of an investigation into theTurkey’s Gülen group.

According to the state-run Anadolu news agency, 11 of the 25 were dismissed by a state of emergency decree, 12 were suspended and two had previously retired.

Turkey survived a military coup attempt on July 15, 2016 that killed 249 people and wounded more than a thousand others.

Immediately after the putsch, the Justice and Development Party (AKP) government along with President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan pinned the blame on the Gülen movement.

The movement denies any involvement.

The ruling AKP government dismissed 24,977 military members including 150 generals, 4,630 officers, 2,167 noncommissioned officers, 1,210 specialized sergeants, 411 civil servants and workers, and 16,409 cadets following the failed coup over alleged links to the Gülen movement.

Defense Minister Nurettin Canikli on April 18 said the government has identified 3,000 active duty military officers suspected of links to the Gülen movement and that they would be dismissed with a government decree in the coming days.

The government has up until now employed 15,850 military personnel including 1,763 officers, 4,135 noncommissioned officers, 3,698 specialized sergeants, 6,162 contracted privates and 92 civil servants, the report said.