The Turkish Interior Ministry has appointed a trustee to the Başkale Municipality of eastern Van province following the dismissal of Mayor İhsan Güler of the pro-Kurdish Democratic Regions Party (DBP) on Sunday, DHA reported.
- Purge-victim police chief found dead in a quarantine cell in Turkish prison
- Turkish mob boss: Erdogan gov’t asked me to murder American pastor Andrew Brunson
- Turkey jails mother of imprisoned military cadet
- Turkish President calls on parliament to pass laws banning social media platforms
- Purge-victim Turkish professor dies of cancer at 54
- 9 international human rights groups call on Turkish gov’t to release political prisoners in face of COVID-19 outbreak
- U.S. House Committee Chair calls on Turkish President Erdogan to release purge-victim prisoners in face of COVID-19 outbreak
- Counter-terrorism units raid house of Adana family over “financial aid” to purge-victim families
- 3 more opposition deputies stripped of parliamentary status in Turkey: report
- Turkish woman says she was tortured with acid in police custody: report
Turkey Purge monitors unlawful crackdown of Turkish government in the aftermath of the failed coup, maps human rights abuses, hate crime and hate speech against political dissent in the country.