Turkish journalist Cevheri Guven has claimed in a video footage that post-coup detainees are being taken to a specially-equipped building in Ankara where they are subject to torture .
In a recent video recording published by the online news portal Bold Medya, Guven tells the story of Turkey’s post-coup torture victims who claimed to be subject to maltreatment before being forced to sign their “forced confessions.” Guven said the people who were taken to the Ankara building had been abducted by Turkish National Intelligence Agency.
Mysterious disappearances have become a common occurrence in Turkey in the aftermath of a July 15 coup attempt.
At least fourteen people have been abducted so far. Those not seen for quite some time mostly have in common in their personal histories that they have lost their jobs amid a sweeping crackdown that the Turkish government has conducted against its critics, particularly members of the Gülen movement.
Turkish government accuses the movement of masterminding the July 15, 2016 coup attempt while the latter denies. More than 150,000 people have lost their jobs, some 150,000 have been detained and 80,000 of them were remanded in prison pending trial over Gulen ties so far.
Journalist Cem Küçük, a staunch supporter of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, suggested during a live TV program on Monday that Turkish intelligence should kill family members of jailed Gülenists in order to turn the inmates into operatives for the Erdoğan regime.
Speaking during a live TV show along with his program partner journalist Fuat Uğur, Küçük said Israeli intelligence agency MOSSAD had killed family members of Palestinian, Jordanian and Egyptian inmates to make them MOSSAD operatives.